The wonderful Maryann over at My Reality Show recently bestowed upon me the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award. Hoorah! Thanks Maryanne! I feel most honored!
There are four simple rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Post a link to the person who gave you the award.
- Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
- Award 15 newly discovered blogs.
- Send them a note letting them know you nominated them.
Seven random things about myself:
- I do an awesome pterodactyl impression. For the best effect I like to make this noise in unsuspecting echoing stairwells.
- I have a younger brother called Harry who lives in Germany. He’s pretty cool actually, although we talk more and get along far better when we live in different countries. Hi Harry!
- I only drink water. For no other reason than it tastes reallllllyyyyy good and I don’t like anything else.
- I will judge you if you mispronounce ‘mispronunciation’.
- Although I have strawberry blonde hair, I am under the constant delusion that I am actually just blonde, while the rest of the world believes I am simply a red-head. I am often referred to as a ‘ranga’, an Australia term alluding not so subtly to orangutans. Other recent friendly names include strawbs and ginger. At least ‘strawbs’ is relatively accurate.
- I am a chocaholic. I cannot remember a time that I wasn’t, and I believe I always will be a chocaholic.
- I can hula hoop like a rock star. No seriously, I can do that shit for hours.
15 newly discovered blogs:
Ok, so they’re not all ‘newly discovered’, but they are all awesome. Check them out. Like, now.
- You’re a Writer! – Fantastic encouragement and support for new writers. I really recommend reading this.
- The Bailey Daily – I not long ago reposted one of Shawn’s posts for its hilarity. I’m a fan of his work.
- Sarah Leaps – Recently Freshly Pressed, Sarah’s blog is not your average writers’ blog. You see, Sarah has some wicked skills with a paint brush….the electronic kind…that you find on programs like ‘Paint’. She complements her posts with these original artworks, which I believe are extraordinarily entertaining.
- The (Writer’s) Waiting Room – Hannah recently provided a run down on how she came to write her first book, in response to my post on how many writers sneakily avoid revealing their method. Thumbs up!
- Divertir Publishing – An independent publisher, this blog gives an invaluable insight into the sort of things writers can do to help get their work published, and the processes that happen behind a publisher’s doors.
- The Wuc – This blog is absolutely freaking HILARIOUS. I get a good chuckle out of it every. single. time.
- Just Coop It – I’m a big fan of this talented writer/actor/choreographer, whose book ‘The Song of Earth’ is about to hit a bookshelf near you!
- Angela Wallace – Believe, Dream, Awaken – Author of ‘Phoenix Feather’, Angela is a talented writer with a blog filled with book reviews, writerly musings and inspiration.
- That Book You Like – Chosen as one of 5 official ‘unbloggers’ for the Melbourne Writers Festival, where I was recently a volunteer, this blog gives some excellent accounts of a whole host of events, authors and sessions that made up the literary festival.
- She Thinks Too Much – Currently taking part in the 30 Day Book Challenge, which I had so much fun with. Worth a read.
- Dodging Commas – Check out Stef’s wonderful grammar tips and writerly musings. It was only today that she passed on this amazing link on semicolons, which I have endlessly struggled to understand. No more, I tell you!
- MJCache – Hysterical blog. Ends each post with something along the lines of, “I totally klepto all images” or “All images swiped, snatched and nabbed from dear old Google when he wasn’t looking.”
- Nitpickers’ Nook – I loved the post on this blog entitled ‘The (non)word that drives me nuts’. You’ll have to head over there to find out what it is. If you’re a nitpicker of words, grammar, language and communication in general like me and have been looking for a community of nitpickers to share your woes, then head over to this blog.
- Bunny Ears and Bat Wings – Lex shares some fantastic advice and thoughts on writing. Also, this blog has an awesome name.
- The Happy Logophile – A logophile is a lover of words, and you will find just that at the Happy Logophile. Jo also wrote a superb piece of flash fiction for the revenge 100 challenge. Check it out.